Saturday, April 1, 2017

We're Lost...

Hello! Welcome back! So, to sum up this week for you because I haven't blogged recently, it's been crazy. We've made so much progress and changed so much of our project. We basically started all over, but we're starting to catch up now so I'm feeling better about time, but I still feel under pressure for the CCR part of this project. We have a completely new plot, new story board, and actually started filming with our actors this week. This is how it began:

So on Wednesday, we met with our small groups, new groups this time, and discussed our projects. We all opened up our blog posts, described them to the group members, then we told the other members about our plot, and then asked for suggestions. We helped one of our members with her edits and shots since she didn't know which ones would be best for her video. We also helped edit their plots and create a better and more solid story along with creating creative shots they could use.

All of the group members went and then I was left. I pitched my group's idea to them and their response was exactly like mine. They weren't huge fans of the plot, just like me I wasn't so confident in it. They thought it was too confusing and too long and also felt that the intro was trying to be suspenseful and entice the audience but it failed and was boring instead.  I took their advice and what they suggested was to start from scratch instead of fixing and rebuilding this idea. We had been trying repeatedly to do a thriller with some suspense and mystery involving water but, being realistic, I noticed that that was too much of a challenge to film in open water.

They later gave me new ideas and inspiration that I took and developed more and pitched to my group. It led to a huge discussion with my group and we got into a little fight about it because we were all working as individuals and then coming together instead of as a group. We talked it out and agreed to start working better together, and it actually worked, stay tuned!

--Blogger Buitano

No comments:

Post a Comment