Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Here we go again...

So, first off, I just want to apologize for being so inactive recently, I've been getting together with my group the past five days straight so I haven't really had time to blog. We've been working extremely hard to complete the project and make sure it's good and the way we want it. We changed almost everything at the last minute, which put a lot of stress on us, but I think it ended up being for the best because we were way more satisfied with our changes than our original ideas.

So... We changed the plot again, and made it to be about a girl, Katerina Wu, who always feels one-upped by her mom. She resents her mom for always over shadowing her, yet is obsessed with her because she wants to be more like her and eventually better than her. The film opens with her confession tape admitting to the murder of her mom. Then after the opening, the film would go back to highlight moments of her childhood that led to this hatred of her mom. We'd then go to her teenage years and focus on them mainly to understand how Katerina felt going through her insecurities and then focus on an event that made her feel as though murdering her mom was the only way to solve all her issues. The movie would focus on that event that led up to the murder and then what happens to Katerina after the murder and after the submission of the confession tape.

This is the script Katerina Wu, which was played by Bella, read in the intro:
A seedling can not grow in the shadow of the tree from which it fell. It needs a chance to see the light. (Pause) I felt...overshadowed. I felt as though I never had any opportunity to grow with my mother around. If I ran a mile, she ran a marathon. She always had to one up me. I knew that with her around...I would never be able to progress. So, I murdered her. I ripped the piano wire out of the baby grand in our loft, walked into her room in the dead of night, and strangled her. As I did it, there was a feeling of relief in seeing the life pour out of her eyes. It was as if the life that she was loosing was being given to me. I am not ashamed or devastated by the murder. I am proud, for now this little seedling can reach towards the sun and show the world the fruits of its tireless labor. If you wish to find the body, it is in a brush in the Everglades. My name is Katerina Wu. You can find me at 2565 Eagle Point Dr. I'll be waiting for you.

--Blogger Buitano

No comments:

Post a Comment