Saturday, March 25, 2017

Starting From Scatch?!

Okay, so Hi! I'm kind of frustrated while typing this. And don't worry, I'll explain exactly why I'm so frustrated and stressed all of a sudden. Are you ready for it? Yeah, I think you're ready. So... my group decided to completely start over and throw away our previous idea. That means it's back to the drawing board for us, I guess, since it's two against one, me being in the minority, who want a completely new plot and opening.

After the meetings we each had with our individual groups we all talked about the recommendations we received and somehow that led to Nico and Bella thinking they want a whole new idea. I was getting excited about our previous plan and with the new ideas, I thought it was going to work out even better, but apparently no. And since that's not what my partners are feeling, and since this is a group project, we have to all compromise and vote on ideas. So, now since they want a new idea, I guess it's back to square one.

A main concern that Nico and Bella shared was that creating a sci-fi thriller wasn't the best genre option to go with, because it can be difficult to portray it well as amateur film creators. Nico then came up with an idea that was very different from our original idea and which Bella and a lot of other classmates seemed to like. He thought of a film opening that was very heavily based on dialogue, while still going to be a thriller, but now more of a suspenseful and mysterious thriller. His new idea is mainly to have the main character be a guy who wakes up in the middle of the ocean, confused as to where he is and how he got there. The scene continues and a sketchy-looking man approaches him on a paddle board as a form of "rescue" and offers to take him back to land. The majority of the intro would be the dialogue between the man and the guy who is confused, the protagonist. Through the dialogue, the identity of the protagonist would be revealed to show that he still is aware of who he is, but his knowledge gets extremely hazy besides that, for example not knowing what he was even doing that resulted in him being stranded in the middle of the sea. The man on the paddle board would eventually go on to say something misleading that creeps out the main character that creates tension and suspense that the audience can interpret. This would hint at the fact that the main character while being "rescued" is actually just being placed in another dangerous situation that would be elaborated more on throughout the entirety of the hypothetical film.

I think that going the dialogue route is more unique and something different. I feel that it can give us more freedom with the direction we want to take our film in and I'm now genuinely excited to see how this develops, but as you can tell, we need help. We have a NEW idea now, but still, we only have pieces of it. We need to stick with an idea, hopefully it's this one, and develop it more to actually have a solid idea we can film and begin to edit. I'm very worried about my group's pacing because I feel that we are still so behind and confused as to what we want to do. I'm also nervous about the production process because I'm afraid it's going to be more challenging than what we expect. All I know though is that we need to start pulling our shit together or this project could start going on a downward spiral and quick. Wish us luck, we are going to need it.

--Blogger Buitano

No comments:

Post a Comment