Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Phoning a Friend!

Hi guys! Monday was quite an eventful day in class. Our teacher took my entire class to the media center, where we were placed in groups. In these groups of about five people each, we pitched our ideas and discussed any concerns with our fellow students seeking for advice, comments, or criticism.

To be honest with you, at the beginning I was really nervous, because I volunteered to go first and wasn't sure how the process was going to proceed or how they were going to react. When I actually started explaining my blog and video idea however, I eased up and simply had a conversation with them and I think I and everyone else in my group, benefited from what we all had to say. Getting in groups was actually very helpful. I was able to think out my group's idea more thoroughly since I had to organize my thoughts better so that they could easily understand and grasp our idea.

So for my presentation to my group I started out by explained to them what I've explained here already and gave them a briefing of the plot we had in mind. I went over my blog postings, but the majority of the time I was explaining the plot to them and asking for their input. They said they really liked our idea, that it was interesting and different, and would easily entice the audience. They also gave me a few new ideas in the meantime. One person in my group mentioned including a symbol. This symbol would serve to represent the government, or more specifically the government division that is conducting the experiment. They also suggested to place the symbol on the protagonist's friends', the one he says hi to at the beginning of the intro, watch, and to make him be the one who hypnotizes the main character at the party. Then, when the protagonist emerges in the middle of the ocean he would have the symbol too, or see it when he goes to shore. I also mentioned to them the idea of incorporating the color blue in each shot because blue symbolizes remoteness and how we were considering giving the main character blue eye contacts when he emerged on the main land to make more obvious that what he was experiencing wasn't reality. They really liked that idea and said it would add a deeper meaning to the plot and utilize the props accurately and effectively in order to portray the idea better. The only concern my group had was the limited time frame available to us. I plan that everything we have in mind considering the plot of the intro can be done in two and a half minutes or under, so I think I'll be fine, but I'll take into consideration their concern and stay conscious of the time.

Overall, having this meeting with people from my class helped me a lot because they helped better my group's idea and film opening. They also made me feel even more confident about my group's plot and intro, reassuring that the direction we are going in is a good one. I'm ready and excited to tell my group about the new ideas that were presented to me in this meeting so we can revise what we have as of now. I'll report back to you on what they said, so stay tuned!

--Blogger Buitano


No comments:

Post a Comment