Sunday, March 12, 2017

Hi, Hello, and How Do You Do?

My name is Alessia Buitano. I'm just a junior here taking AICE Media Studies, just like everyone else whose blogs you're reading, preparing to take on a huge challenge.

I've never been one for film, literature, or any type of art really. Don't get me wrong, I binge watch shows as much as the next teen, but I never sat down to appreciate and analyze a piece, and if I'm being honest, never had much interest in doing so either. That was all before this class, I now depict every small detail in film, ranging from music videos, to documentaries, to Hollywood movies. The amount of thought and consideration that goes into creating a film is nerve-racking and intimidating to me. The production team has to specifically choose the music, mise-en-scene, shots, angles, and of course the editing. These elements and more make up the film and are what make the audience adore and value a film, or can also be what makes the viewers think, "ehhh."

I'm creating a film opening for my project, so now I'M the production team, and let me just be straightforward with you, I'm terrified. This is a huge challenge to undertake, and I know I'm prepared, I can do it, I know what I need to know in order to succeed. But, you see, getting there, getting to the final product, one I'm hopefully extremely proud of, is what's hazy to me. I want my idea, which is still not developed yet, to be portrayed clearly to my viewers, A.K.A. you, without getting the meaning and purpose lost in translation. In order to help sort out my thoughts, ideas, and mistakes, I'll be writing about them and my experiences as they occur. My blog will express all my thoughts and concerns and is what hopefully helps me better organize and convey my ideas.

Well, I've expressed my concerns, but now it's time to get pumped because although this is probably going to be one of the hardest assignments I've ever taken on in my sixteen years on this Earth, I having a feeling it will also be extremely rewarding to see my final product. So get ready, because this is going to be a long, exciting, and bumpy road, and you're riding shot-gun!

--Blogger Buitano (I'll be signing off with this from now on, since, you know, I blog now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment