Sunday, March 12, 2017

Ideas, Ideas, Stress, and More Ideas!

We meet again! This time around, more thought has gone into the actual product itself, the film opening, and more thought has conceived more questions.

First off however, I thought I'd be a good idea to introduce to you my partners who will be working on this film opening with me. I'm working with two of my good friends, Nicolas Garcia-Bonaduce and Isabella Tolkov, who will be referred to in my blog as Nico and Bella. We decided to work together because well, we were the only ones we really knew at the time, but also, we just so happen to all have very different styles and opinions, yet we still manage to work well together since we can always discuss our individual ideas and build off of one that we all like and support. 

When we met up to discuss this project, several questions started to pop into our minds. What type of film do we want to produce? What will our film be about? What genre will our film fall under? Will we conform to the genre conventions, or will we stray from the norms? 

At the beginning of the year, before I was exposed to all the elements of film one has to take into consideration, I thought selecting my idea for the film opening would be rather easy. I'd just choose one idea, film it, and boom I'd be set. I now realize that this is no easy task. I have a lot to consider and a lot to research and plan so that my film is as authentic as possible. For this entire process to kick off though, my group has to select a genre so we can research it, get some inspiration, and eventually produce our own film idea. There's several options, such as action, comedy, thriller, adventure, drama, horror, romance, and so many other film genres to choose from. This led us to really consider which type of genre we all enjoy, since we will have to analyze some films from that genre, and also which genre we feel that we could each contribute to.

Film Genres 


It's an incredibly long and difficult process, especially when just getting started. But, my group is finally starting to get some ideas and look at the project as a long-term commitment, from start to finish, and let me tell you, I have a good feeling about this. We still have a long way to go, but we're starting off by crawling and we're all pretty confident it's in the right direction.

--Blogger Buitano

Unknown. "Film Genres." An Award-winning, Unique Resource of Film Reference Material for Film Buffs and Others, with Reviews of Classic American-Hollywood Films, Academy Awards History, Film Posters. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment